As Head of Procurement Operations – New Jersey you will:
- Manager accountable for the budget, performance, and results of a medium-sized procurement teams
- Directs a team of Buyers to develop and implement portfolio sourcing strategies for key indirect materials and services categories as well as non-strategic raw materials
- Negotiates site-specific supply agreements for plant operations for assigned indirect categories that leverage site/business spend, provides price and supply protection, optimizes total cost of ownership (TCO), mitigates risk, and incorporates preferred terms/conditions through use of progressive contract methodologies that drive commercial excellence for the corporation
- Primary liaison to plant management for capital, indirect materials, and services spend
- Enforces established policies and procedures including Corporate Governance policy and Delegation of Authority process
- Ensures adherence to all SOX, internal audit, ISO, Responsible Care, REACH, and other compliance requirements within scope of control
- Manages supplier selection for site-specific needs and administers qualification processes as applicable. Determines supplier requirements and certifications. Selects, approves, develops, and manages strategic suppliers to meet cost and performance goals.
- Establishes a strong network and fosters collaboration with suppliers, tollers, key stakeholders, and category team members
- Strategically manages the site(s) supply base including leading periodic business reviews, monitoring and managing supplier performance (quality, cost, delivery, technology, service, and leadership), managing supplier relationships, performing root cause analysis and resolution, and developing and monitoring supplier improvement plans
- Develops and successfully implements cost savings and cost avoidance projects to drive sustained improvements in indirects categories: Capital & MRO, Services & Energy
- Develops and manages supplier/vendor managed inventory (VMI) programs, working capital initiatives, inventory optimization programs, cycle time improvements, continuous improvement in procurement processes, and procurement/engineering collaboration
In order to accomplish this you will:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, engineering, chemistry, or supply chain required
- Professional certification preferred
- 7+ years of experience in leading a team, commodity management, strategic sourcing, spend management or supply chain function in a global manufacturing company
- Must demonstrate proven track record in managing change and delivering year-over-year value creation for the enterprise
As part of the application process, please attach a professional resume file to be viewed in the original format.
We offer competitive salaries, a wide array of benefit options, and an exceptional retirement savings plan. These are just some of the many ways we recognize our employees for the large difference they make to Lanxess.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled